Thread: Movie Size

Default Movie Size

Hi all

I have used PPro the edit and create video but the file sizes are coming out over 300mb. Can anyone tell me how do I reduce the file size?

I need the video for the web and e-mail.

Please help

Depending on the size of the file you are allowed by your web and email provider you will have to apply a serious amount of compression to your 300MB file. How long is your video and have you edited it enough and maybe cut out a few more scenes that don't need to be in there? Most narratives can quite easily be told with fewer and shorter scenes, the audience just has to make more of an effort to fill in the gaps. Other settings such as lower quality both in video and audio terms can be used.

Quote Originally Posted by VideoDVDandME View Post
    Hi all

I have used PPro the edit and create video but the file sizes are coming out over 300mb. Can anyone tell me how do I reduce the file size?

I need the video for the web and e-mail.

Please help
    What is the 300mb file AVI? For web and email you could use WMV, QuickTime, Divx. All have settings to adjust compression.
    Wil

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

http://www.youtube.com/user/ChapmanProduction

Here's what works for me: I open the finished video in Windows Movie Maker (Yuck! I know, I know...) and just export the movie after adding it to the timeline. When exporting, WMM has a great little option that I wish other editors would incorporate - you can set a file size (in MB) and WMM will restrain the resolution and compression to meet that goal. Obviously, you're losing a lot, but it's a great tool, and better than the guesswork involved in exporting your movie over and over to get results, and better than trying to find freeware to do it for you. Best of luck, hope this helps.