Thread: My First Green Screen Attempt

Default My First Green Screen Attempt

So we are re-doing our video production site and I thought I would show you some behind the scenes stuff.

This is our first green screen attempt (we are more post production) but I think it came out okay.

Here is the finished product:

Let me know how we did?

Very well done! It looks great!

If I'm being very VERY picky, you can see a bit of shadow or something like that around her shoulders, but I had to really look hard for a fault to see that, and if it is a shadow I'm sure it could be fixed easily by changing the lighting.

But seriously! I take my hat off to you! it's great!

What program did you use?

Thanks for the props.

We use final cut pro.

Cool, I'm planning to have a bash at it myself using after effects.

Nice job, my only thing is the actress, she seems a bit stiff and robotic, I'm sure she;s a great person but in that piece I don't really see personality.
    Wil

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

http://www.youtube.com/user/ChapmanProduction

Looks professional, the green screen was well done. The shots behind her weren't bad - but the whole thing was kinda boring. Maybe consider having your actress take another shot at it, with a little more... "oomph"? A very professional looking vid though.

It was nicely done, and keyed.

Taking it to the next level, perhaps have a greenscreen floor too, and get full length shots so you can place your talent actually into the footage... Or create a virtual set in 3D and place virtual video monitors around her as she points to various aspects of the business, maybe.

I watch too many Andrew Kramer tutorials

Quote Originally Posted by Chapman Photography View Post
    Nice job, my only thing is the actress, she seems a bit stiff and robotic, I'm sure she;s a great person but in that piece I don't really see personality.
    I second that comment. Also, the way the commercial is scripted, it comes off looking and sounding like a bunch of inexperienced newcomers trying to impress someone by emphasizing their office space and business model instead of what they can accomplish within that space. The video is technically excellent, but the message is a turn-off, as presented.

That's very nice!

Now, tell me the resolution and file format you used to get such great clarity out of YouTube. I haven't seen one as sharp as this.

I appreciate the photos showing how you set it up too. That's educational too.

It's probably apparent that I'm a newbie at this. Still, I find it very facinating and envigorating. And when I see quality like this, I get even more enthusiastic about it.

Good job! The results are fantastic! Please enlighten me on how to get that good of quality outta YouTube, whether it's chroma keyed or not. And keep the great stuff coming!