Thread: Help me Save My Marriage!!

1. Default Help me Save My Marriage!!

I know it sounds a bit dramatic....but it is.

My marriage is going down the pan, and I'm trying everything to get it back on track.

My idea is to make a music video of my miming to Phil Collins "take a look at me now".

I want to do it so every verse is shot at a different location.

I am also shooting it all on my Nokia N95 video phone as it is easier to be discet with a phone. I dont really want to be seen singing to myself down a larger camera.

Unfortunately, because I am shooting it all myself, I am a little limited in the types of shot i can get. I have managed to get a few good takes miming whilst driving. It looks very natural.

All the other versions look to static. i.e. me just sitting on a chair or laying on a bed etc etc etc.

Can anybody give me some suggestions to try out. EDiting it is OK, but it s the lack of interesting takes that I'm getting frustrated with.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Many thanks.

Leroy

What I would do is film at a time where there isn't any people, in the woods, at the beach, at the park, on a play ground ect... That way using a "real" camara ( if you have one ) Do the whole song at each location, the put all the video in your NLE sync them up then cut it the way you want on the beat, I wouldn't cut it at each verse but at diffrent spots when it feels right, by filming the whole song at each location you'll have more to work with if some part dose not look right. Good luck, were pulling for ya!!
    Wil

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

http://www.youtube.com/user/ChapmanProduction

Blog Entries

Good luck - hope things work out for you both.

4. Default

Here is my first draft

http://www.lee-osullivan.com/1st_Draft.wmv

I need to tidy it up a bit at a later stage with better titles etc, but I'm really struggling with the last two scenes. There is too much time of me just standing and then just sitting waiting forthe vocal. Any suggestions on what I could do to fill in that gap??

http://www.lee-osullivan.com/1st_Draft.wmv

Leroy

Blog Entries

I'm gonna be brutally honest here... It needs a lot, lot more.

You need to go to more locations, Wil (Chapman)'s given some very good ideas but, more importantly, you've got to up the quality.

I'm assuming that you want the soon-to-be-ex-missus to look at the video, hear the words, then fall at your feet begging to come back. To get any video to achieve this needs effort on your part. You've got to look like you're singing the song and mean what you're singing. unfortunately this doesn't come across. I have the feeling that you're lip-syncing to the words rather than actually singing them.

Try to look your best. On a couple of occasions you look bitter and angry. Not the sort of moods which will melt the damsel's heart. Think about adding a bit of light, if you can't see your eyes, it makes you look shifty.

Why not actually sing the song, as opposed to miming it? She'll appreciate an out-of-tune version from you, a lot more than mimed to playback. If you want to do that you're going to have to really put in a lot of effort, as opposed to just miming to a few lines.

Sorry to be so blunt mate, but a bad video will do more harm than good.

Blog Entries

In my expirience buying flowers, doing all the housework for a few weeks and saying sorry is the way to a womans heart - and to be honest I would worry any Phil collins tune would make most sane people run a mile....