Thread: VIDEO 8 tape - no camera

Unhappy VIDEO 8 tape - no camera

Can anybody help? I have some VIDEO 8 tapes but no camera to play them back. I believe that there are some cameras which will allow playback only of VIDEO 8 tapes- SONY DCR TRV 270 and 480E. Can anybody confirm that they are compatible? The alternative would be to get a tape adapter. Is VHS C the same format?
    Thank you PJG

I don;t know VIDEO 8? These are the fat VHS analogue format tapes? If so, so get a VHS adaptor as you say, plop them in there and slot them into a VHS player.

I started like this with an ancient Pansonic VHS Camera. Of course you wont get scene detect in Vegas VidCap. In fact you NEED to set prefs to no device enable etc etc . . But you knew that?

This was the adaptor I used: Panasonic VHS-C Camcorder Cassette Adaptor - eBay Tapes Cassettes Memory, Camcorder Accessories, Photography (end time 29-Sep-07 20:29:05 BST)

Ah, those were the days .. I was sooo innocent and . . . .

Grazie
    Last edited by Grazie; 09-28-2007 at 04:59 PM. Reason: Inserting additional question

Nope .. I don;t think that these are Video 8? - hmmm..

Blog Entries

Buy a camera from e bay - cheap as chips.

I think you are mixing up Video 8 and VHS - C or compact VHS, yes you can get an adaptor for these smaller VHS tapes and then put it into a regular VHS deck. But you cannot get a Video 8 to VHS adaptor, Sony made two playback decks back in the 1990's, they weren't around for long, no support, just like some of the other digital formats that bit the dust more recently. As Mark W says, go onto eBay and search for a Video 8 camcorder, it may be the only option open to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikosony View Post
    I think you are mixing up Video 8 and VHS - C or compact VHS, yes you can get an adaptor for these smaller VHS tapes and then put it into a regular VHS deck.
    Yes, at any rate . ..

"The alternative would be to get a tape adapter. Is VHS C the same format? "

. . . is EXACTLY what confused me.

Cheers - Grazie