Thread: Help with flipping an image midway through a video

Default Help with flipping an image midway through a video

ok so im tryin to get a seamless pan up a photo of a building and in between the end of the first looped run and the start of the next it has a delay i cant get rid of. strangely enough however if i set a third keystone so the pan goes from bottom to top to middle its seamless so im wondering if there is a way to flip the image at the exact second it starts to pan down or if there is a way i can get rid of the delay at the end of the loop. btw ive already doctored the photo so that the start is the exact same as the bottom.

Blog Entries

Any chance you can rephrase this? I've read it a few times and don't understand. Probably a terminology problem.
    You have a photo on the timeline, right?
    You are doing a pan (with event pan & crop? With track motion?)
    I get lost when you mention "looped run".
    I think I understand a bit - if you set keyFRAMEs on a pan & crop you can get it to pan from bottom to top to middle. But I'm not at all clear what you're trying to do or what you mean by doctoring the photo so the start is the same as the bottom????
    Tim

First ya im new to vegas so i dont really know the terminology lol but what im tryin to get is a seamless pan&crop up a photo. my photo is on the timeline and im doing the event pan&crop to get the frame to scroll up. i then set it to a loop so that it might look like it was just constantly moving up. now whenever the frame gets to the top there is a second delay before it will go back and start from the bottom. after i messed around a little i found out that if i added another keyframe causing the frame to go from the bottom to the top to the middle it was seamless. i want to flip the image midway through so that at the point it starts to pan back down it will be flipped so it will really be going up. so far this is the only way ive figured out how to get it to be seamless. i just added in the whole part about doctoring the photo because i thought i would get replies like "u gotta make sure the end is identical to the beginning" or something like that

Hi,

What you could do, is create the Pan effect you want on the photo once (place one keyframe at start postion then second at the end and place image where you want it to end). Then copy the image and paste aligning the image next to it with the identical Pan.

This would give you a seamless Pan.