Thread: Looking for a camera

Default Looking for a camera

I'm looking for a standard definition camera that can shoot at 60 fps or higher. Can someone lead me to a camera like that? I would apperciate it.
    Quad Freestyler

Standard definition cameras (I presume you're talking about a camcorder) can't shoot at 60fps. They are either set at 25fps or 30fps and those are your two choices. You can change the frame rate in software though but I wouldn't guarantee the results when played back on a normal tv.

There is not one standard definition camera maybe an older model that can shoot in different fps? Besides the 25 or 30 fps? Like the professional level cameras? Not just a mini dv you can buy at Walmart. I want something for high speed shots so I can slow them down without looking choppy or blurry.
    Quad Freestyler

I haven't heard of any model on the forum recently that can do that, and I think you've answered the question yourself when you mention a professional camcorder, and it's not worth purchasing an expensive camcorder if you only want to slow footage down now and again. That's something done in post production rather than during the production stage. Also, if you use this effect a lot in your videos it becomes tedious and boring after a very short time. Or are you confusing high speed shutters with fps?

Well I make quad/dirtbike videos. And am starting to get a lot more known. Most of the professionals who make quad or dirtbike videos shoot in 60 fps so the slow shots look a lot better. I haven't messed with my shutter speed on my camera yet does that make a big difference? Here are some examples below of what my goal is.

Last edited by quadfmxer_145; 09-24-2007 at 10:39 PM.
    Quad Freestyler

Again you bring up the subject of professionals, have you got the resources they have to allow you to purchase such equipment or bring a crew along with you. Then again they can't be that professional if their videos are on YouTube and not tv or in the cinema? Do they have any contact details on YouTube or a website you can go to, to find out more about their setup? Yes, cranking up the shutter speed will give you sharper pictures (less blur) but you need good lighting to do it, so it's no good at night, better during daylight hours. Also, keep the camera on a tripod, handheld shots are no good.

I have some resources probably 1000-1500 dollar range. That's why I was thinking I could get just an older standard definition camera that shoots at 60 fps that way I can save a few bucks. Those guys are professional don't let the youtube fool you. Those are just teasers for their upcoming videos.

Check out these links. Any good?

Second camera down.
    Panasonic AG-DVX100 Mini-DV Camera/Recorder (NTSC)

Then there are a few sanyos I've found.
    Camcorder Review: Sanyo VPC-HD1 HD
    Last edited by quadfmxer_145; 09-25-2007 at 10:22 PM.
    Quad Freestyler