Thread: ADM Plugin problem

Unhappy ADM Plugin problem

Hi, Today I've downloaded the free trial version of Adobe After Effects 6.5. I installed evrything correctly without doing anything to the files and I installed the 6.5.1 update. But, when I start After Effects, I always get 3 messages:

1)
    Vbox Error
    Failed to initialize Security Client. Error code: 202

When I click on OK, this box appears:

2) After Effects can't continue: couldn't acquire ADM suites (S!Fd). Is 'ADMUIFon2' missing or 'ADMPlugin' missing from the Required folder?

(64::2)

When I click OK again, this box appears:

3) After Effects error: cannot unlock an unlocked list.

(27::4)

When I click OK for the last time, After Effects closes. There are some things that are a little bit strange:

1) Before I try to start After Effects, there is no screen that lets you press try or shows you how many days you still have got. So I don't know why a Vbox error shows up....

2) In the Required file, ADMPlugin is in it as an .apl file. But ADMUIFon2 is nowhere to be found.

I have no idea what to do but I hope someone could help me
    Last edited by Timothyto; 09-23-2007 at 05:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Timothyto View Post
    Hi, Today I've downloaded the free trial version of Adobe After Effects 6.5. I installed evrything correctly without doing anything to the files and I installed the 6.5.1 update. But, when I start After Effects,
    It's altogether a major chance you;ve been duped here I reckon. There have been two major releases of After Effects since version 6.5 and Adobe are not offering downloads of v6.5 anymore. In fact they haven't done for at least 18 months now. So I;m suspecting you;ve been pointed at some mirror/pretend site. I suggest you go across to the real adobe site and download the trial of the latest version and install that after uninstalling v6.5.

OR, you're fibbing to us a bit and have installed a WareZ version you poicked up somewhere. In which case you probably deserve what you're getting.

Seriously though.... Uninstall the trial of v6.5 and pop across and get the latest CS3 version on trial and install l that.

Yeah, maybe I should do it... Anyways, thankyou!