Thread: Sony TVR80E image transfer

Default Sony TVR80E image transfer

I have a Sony TRV80E and am having problems with not being able to copy images across to my Windows PC running XP. It starts transferring across and then times out approximately 30-35 seconds later and cancels the process.

i have been able to copy a few images by going through 'my computer' option instead of using the Sony software. if i also go down the route, it will time out.

i am presuming that there is a setting on the camc0order to override this

any help very much appreciated

Andrew

By 'images' do you mean still images? Or are you referring to video?

Hi
    Thanks for your response

I am referring to still images that have been saved on to a memory stick within the camcorder.

This is my first attempt at trying to transfer still images from card and my next venture is to transfer tape material to my home PC.

I have been able to save one or 2 images to my PC, which was easy, but anymore, it times out.

I need to point out that this is something that I am trying to do for my father as he does not have a PC, so for both of us, its a new challenge.

Any help is much appreciated

Andrew

I don't know the settings on the Sony but are you in CARD mode when transferring the still images off it or are you still in CAMERA or VCR (playback) mode? If you need to set the camcorder to CARD mode in order for it not to time out while you transfer the images then that might be the reason. If that doesn't work, you might need to purchase a USB card reader that uses that particular make of memory card.

Hi
    The settings on the camcorder are VCR, Camera or Memory. The manual states that you set it to memory. This I am definitely doing.
    The manual is exactly quick when it comes to looking up things and spends more of its time giving you English on one page and french on the other, rather than have sections in each language.
    I am only guessing that there is a time out and this cuts in when you are transferring data. saying that, I wouldn't expect it to do so if it is being used or activated.

Any more suggestions greatly appreciated

Andrew