Thread: Pinnacle Studio crashing when importing avi video

Default Pinnacle Studio crashing when importing avi video

HEEEEEELP MEEEEEEEE! please!!! every single time i try and import an avi file into pinnacle that wasn't rendered by pinnacle, it just closes down (e.g. an avi file rendered in 3ds max or adobe etc).

i believe this to be a codec problem but ive tried uninstalling/installing loads of codecs and its had no effect.

i can actually play the video i want to import fine in like windows media player or can import it in adobe or anywhere else. its just pinnacle. please help me!! any feedback would be treasured.

oh, and ive tried uninstalling and reinstalling pinnacle too, and ive got pinnacle studio 10 and 11, and they both have the same problem.

thanks, paul

One thing that would first spring to my mind is that when I installed Pinnacle, it kept nagging about how it could not co-exist with other versions of Pinnacle currently installed on the machine. So if you have 10 and 11 both installed, I would try uninstalling 10, and see how it works then.
    Personally, I don't really see the different that this will make. I have version 8 installed, with version 11 installed too, and no difference seems to be obvious. But then there's always the chance that when importing avi files, that it's looking at the wrong file, for the other version program, and gets a bit confused. There's no harm in trying.

If you render if Full Frames, Uncompressed in the other programs - you should have no problems. Also, there is an mjpeg codec that I sometimes choose, as Studio recognizes it. There are some codec's that Studio does not recognize. It's always better to choose Full Frames anyway.

I agree that you should uninstall Studio 10. If you use Smartsound, and you don't have it working in 11, you would need files on the Studio 10 disks to get it going but I presume, you have probably already got it working.