Thread: Editing to audio in AE

Default Editing to audio in AE

I'm kinda new to After Effects and I'm wondering if there's an easy way to edit footage to music without having to render the music every time I want to preview what I've done. I'm trying to synch the music with the footage you see.. Is there a way to permanently render just the audio so I can preview it with the footage without having to render each time? I'm not changing the audio at all so I don't see why it should need to be rendered each time with the footage..

You should be doing this in premier pro first then once you have sorted out the music sync then you can export into after effects
    DUDE were's my car

No, I don't think so. You see, I want to edit footage which I can manipulate, filter and mask to music in AE. Premiere does not have a range of the tools that I require to manipulate the footage with to the audio.

There surely must be a way of permanently rendering audio in AE to work with, especially if you aren't editing the audio at all..

Sorry this doeasn't answer you question, to be honest I don't think there is a way to do it, but it is related and is something that may interest you if you aren't already aware of it.

Trapcode have a plugin for AE that generates keyframes in relation to the audio wave. Then you can link the values for a filter or property of the video to the audio keyframes easily using the expression pickwhip tool.

Bracknell, Berkshire, UK

I'm confused here. I use AE and have never had to render audio. Hitting the '.' key alwasy just plays audio back in real time. It;s ht evideo images that needs rendering for a ram preview. Is this what you are facing? If so then it is unavoidable.

If your audio is havign to confiorm regularly then I suggest you edit your audio in an app designed for audio editting, import that into AE ina format it likes and your problems are over.