Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Check out my trailer - subconscious fear....

OK, I'll rise and tack the bait on this one....

Some trailers do show hints and clips of the 'big finale' but generally (unless it's a junk Steven Segal film) they're done out of context so as not to ruin it.

The one thing they do NOT do though, is give the whole story, in sequence and give away the surprise ending (with tghe twist) at the end.

How many people do you think would have gone to watch "The Sixth Sense" if the trailer and given the game away at the end that Bruce Willis' character was in fact a ghost himself???

Once again, I liked it but for me it's a short movie and not a trailer. I'd be very interested to see the whol thing though.

2. Default

I see what you mean but you wont see the actual short films of each trailer ( if ever made)
    I guess i would go back and shorten it and its more of a longish trailer you would find in a cinema that shows what you will get if you watch the movie but anyway, i shot a lot of extra footage and am very involved in the story so i just showed a bit too much.

thanks for the comment though.

This was so well shot that its brooding atmosphere never let up for a second. Neatly put together, had me reaching for my teddy, just to calm down. (The music for the hypo-in-the-shoulder bit was the shrieking violin part from Psycho, wasn't it?)

As an exerpt from a well-staged and tense drama, I think this really hits the button. Well crafted and well acted. You should try and make a full length story out of it.

Great camera shots -- a lot of thought went into varying the wide and close views, and, John Carpenter-style, the sequence entices the viewer all the way through. Sorry to wax lyrical, but I'm still shaking.

God, femininity can be scary. I'm impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by millsy
    How many people do you think would have gone to watch "The Sixth Sense" if the trailer and given the game away at the end that Bruce Willis' character was in fact a ghost himself???
    ....what aughh come on now. That was one movie I was wanting to see! Now you ruined the whole thing for me.

Honestly I enjoyed the video. It was really well done. I especially loved the shotting angles so that it left a lot to the imagination. The girl in the head lights was classic! I would love to see what you do next as it will be a step up I am positive.

for an amature film i say thats a bloody good film you made yourself, exelent use of music, it fitted the sceens perfectally..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12