Thread: Question: I want to create MOVIE like quality video..how do you do that?

Default Question: I want to create MOVIE like quality video..how do you do that?

Is it software? Camera? I wanted to make spoofs of...lets say...the matrix or MTV real world or Soaps.. Any suggestions would help a bunch. Thanks

Thats an easiy one, Hire about 200 people, gaffers, grips, DP, AC's, AD , Boom op's. oh and about $100,000 a day to shoot ec.... People don't realize what it takes, it not just a few guys and a camcorder, I'm not saying you can't make something desent with a camcorder but you need to be realistic. If you want to do a "Matrix" stle spoof I'm guessing you'll want slow-motion, to do this well you'll need a camara that shoots at a minimum of 60fps. The more frames allows for more fluid videos if you try to slow down 29.97 or 25 it will be very jumpy. Lighting is very important, AE would also make a big diffrence for the Matrix style effects. Best of luck, post what you come up with.
    Wil

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

http://www.youtube.com/user/ChapmanProduction

Thanks for the response Wil.. I probably went overboard with what i was looking to do..basically i just want my video to look like something people would watch on TV.. Not looking to do any kind of slow motion effects..etc..I would like to know if it was possible to create different video look from an editing software? Example: Soap Opera's have a different look than something you would watch in the movies and also you can tell if a video was taken by a handheld...I hope it makes sense...its a bit hard to describe.

Thanks a bunch

You can to some extent, by fiddling with the color, saturation, hue, contrast ec.. After Effects is better for this but you can do it in most nle's. Keep in mind they have a lot of money in tv as well. For lighting try those work lamps at home depot 500w or 1000w with colored paper over them also try the desk lamps with the posible neck (clip on works the best) There are tons of things you can try. Good luck with your project
    Wil
    Wil

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

http://www.youtube.com/user/ChapmanProduction