Thread: Sanyo Xacti CA65 .MP4 file editing problem

Default Sanyo Xacti CA65 .MP4 file editing problem

I got myself a Sanyo Xacti CA65, which is awesome and I love using it, but editing the file is a real pain in the ass.

I prefer to use Ulead Video Studio 11 Plus to edit my video (it's nice, friendly, easy to use), but if I try and import and play a file shot on my Sanyo it freezes up. If I skip into the video 1 frame and then play the clip it works fine. Also, If I have lots of clips in my timeline it refuses to preview smoothly no matter what my settings.

I have 2gb of memory in my Dell XPS 600, so I would expect better performance.

It's like there is something in the first frame of the video that causes it to not play normally (playing in Quicktime is perfect however), and makes Ulead struggle to preview.

Here is a raw file from the camera
    . Any ideas what's wrong or what software I could use instead (the bundled Adobe Premier Elements 3 isn't much better).

Thanks for your help!

Western Europe

It's only a guess but I think that Ulead Video Studio 11 Plus and APE3 don't have the correct codec to handle the file format from the Xacti. You could try going onto the relevant software websites and see if you can download the correct codec and install it to see if that makes the video play back better.

I just did some experimenting with the various quality settings, and found that using High Quality instead of Super high Quality seems to perform better.

here is a sample clip

I cant see any difference, but there must be something.