Thread: Editing software

Default Editing software

Hi guys,

I'm used to iMovie as my primary editing software. But I may buy the Adobe CS3: Production Premium, which comes with Premier Pro. Could someone summarize the differences/pros/cons of iMovie, Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro, and any other editing software you're familiar with?

Thanks a lot!

Western Europe

Best to go to their respective websites and copy and paste the info on each piece of software and print it out. Then do a side by side comparison.

Both Adobe and FCP are MUCH more advanced than iMovie but are much more rewarding if you are prepared to learn the pro grammes properly.
    Listing the differences between the two here would be largely pointless as much of it is personal preference.
    The best way to get to know them is definitely to try them. Although both programmes effectively do the same thing, there is a certain feel to them that means that individuals will always have their preference.

If you are looking at the Production Premium/Final Cut Studio packages, also consider that you will have other programmes to work with for difference elements of the production process i.e. After Effects Vs Motion and Encore Vs DVD Studio Pro