Thread: rendering process

Default rendering process

What are we supposed to see happening on the screen when Pinnacle is rendering?
    I can see it going through the slides one by one, but when it gets to the end, it goes through them a second time. Is this a normal process?
    I can't tell for sure what happens next because my rendering got hung up on this 'second time around'. I was just wondering if it was normal process, in case I see it happen next time.

Pinnacle v 9.31 SE

Maybe if I re-word my question....

Is it normal when playing the movie or when it is rendering, that it 'loop'?

That is, should it start at the beginning and play again? It also does it when rendering.

If not, how do I stop it from looping when it gets to the last slide.

By rendering, do you mean that you've added an effect, and it is rendering, or that you are in 'Make Movie' mode, and that you are saving the final film?

Nothing to do with adding an effect.
    Sorry if I'm not explaining it correctly.
    I'll try again.

I've edited the movie, and in 'edit mode', all the scenes are in the storyboard. When I play it back, or maybe a better word is 'preview' it, it goes through the scenes okay, until it gets to the last scene and then immediately goes back to first scene and plays through again.

I didn't think twice about that until I went to 'make movie'. While in 'make movie' mode you can see it going through the scenes, right? Well, for me it went through all the scenes up till the last one and again, immediately went back to first scene and was going through them again. Half way through that second time around, it hung up, which is another problem. I first want to know-is it normal that the program goes through the scenes more that once, or do I need to change a preference or some setting.

Thanks for trying to help.

I can't say that I've had this problem.

The first thing I would do is to check that the 'loop playback' button is not switched on. In Pinncale 11, it looks like this. It should look similar in yours - the arrow that is in blue, like a 'rotate' symbol

If that doesn't do the trick, then look on the Pinnacle website, to see if there are any recent upgrades or patches that may help fixing this problem.

You understood my question exactly. I guess I stated it badly the first time.
    You seem to agree that this is a problem then?? I wasn't sure if it should be happening or not.

Great suggestion Rob, but unfortunately PS 9.3 does not have a 'loop' button in the preview window, but thanks so much for taking the time for the screen shot.

Pinnacle no longer supports ver 9 and searching the forums doesn't provide any help either.
    Maybe someone else has 9.3 and can comment.

Upgrading to ver 11 isn't out of the question, but I want to try to get this project done on what ver I've got.

Did you have background rendering on when editing the movie? I keep in on, so that the timeline has rendered all effects until I "Make Movie". Then it only goes through the render once. However, if you had it turned off, I believe Studio goes through once and renders any effects, transitions, then a 2nd time for the final render.

I use Studio 11, so again, I forget exactly how 9 worked. If you upgrade to 11, and you use Smartsound, there are special steps you need to take to hold on to your smartsound, and 11 comes with "Scorefitter" music now. They don't support smartsound in 11 onwards, but there is a way to make it work in 11.

Sorry - just realized you are talking about "Edit" mode. I don't have 9 installed anymore, but I have a friend who does - I'll ask him about this.
    Last edited by Alley; 11-01-2007 at 02:20 PM. Reason: added a point