Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: sound-picture gap problem

Default sound-picture gap problem

I'm importing a 12min mpg into Pinnacle 9.3, I don't change it, I don't edit it, I only want to convert it into a DVD playable on my home DVD. In the Pinnacle itself, the original mpg movie looks great, but in the resulting DVD there's a huge gap between the sound and the picture (a several seconds gap!).
    I can see this gap when I play the DVD on my computer (with PowerDVD) as well as when I play it on my home DVD.
    I tried several audio formats, but to no avail.
    What should I do?

Where did you get the original 12min mpg?

Quote Originally Posted by gadi_sam View Post
    I'm importing a 12min mpg into Pinnacle 9.3, I don't change it, I don't edit it, I only want to convert it into a DVD playable on my home DVD. In the Pinnacle itself, the original mpg movie looks great, but in the resulting DVD there's a huge gap between the sound and the picture (a several seconds gap!).
    I can see this gap when I play the DVD on my computer (with PowerDVD) as well as when I play it on my home DVD.
    I tried several audio formats, but to no avail.
    What should I do?
    I captured the The 12min mpg from a VHS video cassette, using Winfast.
    And again, the mpg is perfect, sound and picture are absolutely matching, no gap at all. It's perfect also when I play it with Pinnacle! The problem appears only after the "Make movie" phase in Pinnacle.

I had something like this happen to me. I would highly reccomend that when making future films, to save it into a 'file' on the computer, before burning it to any disc, so you know that it will look and sound perfect before it gets permanently written to something. If it sounds or looks naff on the new file, you can delete it easily and then re-adjust the settings in Pinnacle.

Take a look at this topic: http://www.videoforums.co.uk/pinnacl...o-breakup.html

If you're not editing anything, then I take it that you have one video line, and one sound line, that's included in the video?
    I had the problem that if the sound gets too much for the computer, that it will go 'negative' and it won't play at all after hitting 'make movie'. So, although it plays well in Pinnacle, it doesn't in a new file. So, I had to mute one of my tracks to 'take the sound down', and then it worked.
    As you have a different situation, I would try just turning the volume down on your project, with the volume 'line'.

The problem I had was not affected by doing that, and the computer still accepts it as being at max volume, even though it plays it at your desired loudness. So, I would suggest trying to find a way of getting the volume turned down on the actual mpeg file before you even import it into Pinnacle, whether it be on something like MovieMaker, or even from wherever you're capturing it from.

Hello Rob,
    Yes, I have one video line, and one sound line.
    I tried to lower the volume with the volume 'line' in Pinnacle's "edit" phase, but to no avail.
    Gad

Like I say, try capturing the footage with lower volume.
    What is it that you are capturing? If the file is from somewhere off the net, then it could be corrupt, or, if you're handling someone else's film, it could contain certain encryptions or copyright thingies in place to stop you from recreating, or editing it.

I'm capturing a movie from a VHS video cassette, with Winfast.
    This is a movie that I have taken, so no copyright or encriptions.

Ok, so try re-capturing it with a lower volume, and see how that goes.

Are you capturing the video only through WinFast and the audio through your soundcard? If that is the case then that's were your problem lies.

Hello Nikosony, Sorry for my late response.

My video-cassete player is connected with a SCART cable to the video card of the computer, as follows: the SCART has 1 audio-out plug which is connected to the 2 audio-in plugs of the video card, and 1 video-out plug which is connected to the video-in of the video card. I guess that internally, the audio-in of my video card is connected to the computer's sound card.

Is this the reason for my problems? I'm saying again what I said in the first place: the MPG which is the result of the Winfast capture is perfectly OK!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast