Thread: Adobe CS3-Production Premium (Academic version) question

Default Adobe CS3-Production Premium (Academic version) question

Hi, I'm a newbie to this forum. I've enjoyed reading a lot of the posts here. I have one simple question: what is the main difference (besides cost) between the academic version (sometimes called "Student" version) and the regular version? I tried calling Adobe's 1-800 number but to no avail. I just get piped music for all eternity.

My guess is that I get no technical support and no warranty. But I don't know this for sure.

Basically to get the student edition you have to provide proof that you are a student, ie student id. other than that they are full versions the same as the full retail but you are restricted to only using it on your own home pc and cannot use it for commercial gain, although how they would know I'm not sure.
    I have just got this version myself but haven't had time to install it yet. The only problem I have is that on their store it says its only available as a box version with printed guides but I only recieved the discs. Not too much of an issue will just email them or print them off when I'm at work form their website.

Thank you, Raj. I was worried the features would be different.

The only diffrences are with standard and proversion otherwise like mentioned they are the same
    Wil

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

http://www.youtube.com/user/ChapmanProduction

Well, I bought it today. I gotta tell ya...it's a bit intimidating with all these apps.

Basically the student version doesn't come with Manuals or technical support. I guess you're supposed to learn how to use it!

Quote Originally Posted by JayGatz View Post
    Well, I bought it today. I gotta tell ya...it's a bit intimidating with all these apps.

Wait untill you use it!!
    Wil

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

http://www.youtube.com/user/ChapmanProduction