Thread: rob thomas-little wonders...

Post rob thomas-little wonders...

>>>>>>>>>2:24<<<<<<<<<<(and all throughout the entire video)

how do you create this effect where in rob seems to be in a 3D world...

i know the only way to this is through after effects... or did they chroma key with this? (i doubt it coz there is the color and light treatment if you will notice...)

anyway please help me....

i am planning to make a short film using this kind of treatment

thank you so much!

I would guess its chromkey. but it dosen't look as clean as it could be, of course that could be the intent

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

is it possible that affter effects can create the this effect? if yes how? thanks

BTW: im using sony vegas and use after effects to effects that vegas can't do...

both can chromakey, After Effects is better at it because you have more control on adjustments. The things to watch for is position of the talent, lighting both the talent and the screen. Check out videocopilots tutorials and if you have specific questions let me know, I'll be happy to help

Software Used:

thanks!!! uv been most helpful...

i'll do more research and studies and just post questions in this thread for more of my questions!

hi Dr. Will

Just a few questions i need answers regarding the same topic...

you said in the previous posts that in this music vid (Rob thomas - little wonders) most of the treatment used is based on green screen; i would agree with that...

but I actually found out that you can create this kind of treatment by playing around with the auto colors, hue and saturation and a ton of other options (the possible effects are almost endless) and that is my problem.

is there a specific method in ae to produce this kind of effect (45s of the vid) keeping my background and foreground all in one shot, without the use of green screen. i know the method will be bloody but i am willing to learn... i tried searching around video co pilots and even creative cows but they dont really answer my question; though the principles that are very educational

please bear with me with this post.... it looks like a novel but hey, at least i really expressed myself on this one

oh btw the reason why im asking all this questions about rob thomas is because iv seen this kind of consistency in his music videos... you can also see this kind of effect on his video "ever the same".

thanks for your time to read this post i'll be waiting for much of your explanations!

The reason why I said I think it was CK is that if you look at his feet when they pan on him they look odd, like hes been pasted on the BG plate. After effects is only limited by you, there are so many things AE can do. I would suggest getting a few AE books and / or videos. You could study AE for years and just barely tap what it could do. If you have itunes you can get the creative cow podcast, I think there up to 70 or 75 now. The bestthing to do would be to learn what you can from the diffrent tutorials and such and tweak em.

books: (I own)
    AE book in a classroom
    AE studio techniques
    After Effects and Photoshop for video and film

Sorry I could not be more specific, Its kind of hard in the format (forums)

Software Used: