Thread: DVD Playback problem

1. Default DVD Playback problem

When editing in Final Cut HD does the number of video or audio tracks or special effects increase the likelihood of playback problems on domestic DVD players. Or does the type of music file used (Mp3, AIFF) have ant bearing on this? Why do I ask - A sixty minute movie, a small part of which is a spliced interview between two people (male & female) I put background sounds to the male only by way of mp3. On the finished DVD when he speaks there is no sound at all, when she speaks - fine? Movie created in Final Cut HD. DVD created in iDVD (Macs own) DVD burned using disk utility. A system I have used to produce over fifty DVDs using Taiyo Yuden discs without any problems. You're probably wondering why I am asking the question when I tell you the next bit because it only has this fault on the customers DVD player (Philips) it plays fine on all others I have tried. However I am really puzzled has to why the offending DVD player doesn't read just that one portion of the sound. If it is at all possible to avoid this happening again (even though it appears to be the DVD player at fault) I would want to know. Thanks for your help.

How are you exporting it from FC?

If you use compressor, it normally suggests Aiff, or Dolby for DVD audio. I've never had a problem with either of these.