Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vegas 6, no audio???

1. Default Vegas 6, no audio???

Just started using Vegas 6. I drag my file to the timeline (from a Sony DCR-SR72) and the file plays ok in the preview window (bottom right) but there isn't any audio. The book says the associated audio should automatically appear below the file in the timeline?

What am I doing wrong?

2. Default

Anyone?

Please

Please supply a SCREEN grab - I thank you!

Grazie

what format?

5. Default

.mpeg I presume as they're off a Sony DCR-SR72. Also tried files from my bullet cam / Archos that are .avi I think.

6. Default

Oh come on people, I have sorted it with a little help from another Vegas user.

I installed the update from Sony and the .mpeg files were ok. Then the .avi files were audio only, installed the correct codec and it's all sorted.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by biff View Post
    Oh come on people, I have sorted it with a little help from another Vegas user.

I installed the update from Sony and the .mpeg files were ok. Then the .avi files were audio only, installed the correct codec and it's all sorted.
    Glad you got it sorted, but your attitude "Oh come on people" stinks. You didn't exactly help anyone here to help you. Grazie asked for a screen grab - you ignored it (as, incidentally, you ignored his query about exactly what version of Vegas 6 you got for 35). Crusher asked what format - you answered with your assumption. You've got the files - your reply gives the impression, correctly or otherwise, that you can't be arsed to check.

Of course, you're entitled to ignore any posts or responses to your posts, but If you give the impression you can't be arsed to do that why are you surprised others can't be arsed to help further?
    Tim

8. Default

Thanks for your opinion Tim, little bit strong saying my attitude stinks but that's your opinion. Why I should have to explain myself to you I don't know? But to satisfy you here goes.

I did not ignore Grazie, I went into hospital to have a minor Hernia operated on and got home on Tuesday. Perhaps I should have explained that I do not know how to give a screen grab on a forum. I did not also ignore Grazie in the other post, he replied "That's the FULL Vegas 6 PLUS DVDA - for 35 quid? - WOW!!!". I didn't see the point of posting yes as it was more of an exclamation not a question.

I did make an "assumption" as you term it by looking at the file formats. Apologies for showing my lack of knowledge of Vegas and computers.

Finally, Oh come on people was not a dig it was good natured and I thought I had put a roll eyes smiley after it. The only reason I put that was it was a very simple fix and sometimes the simple fixes are staring us all in the face but we look for more complex answers!

My experience of this forum so far has been excellent and everyone has been more than helpful. I can assure all involved that I will respond immediately in future (even if in hospital) and apologise to anyone that I may have offended.

I hope this explanation suffices Tim
    Last edited by biff; 09-20-2007 at 10:41 AM.

biff - you is OK with me chum .. no problem. You get better.

For my money, you are exactly a prime example of the trap I could fall into: presuming where a person IS or ISN'T coming from.

However, I DO appreciate you getting back and filling us in though! Thank you!!

The more thick-skinned I think I'm getting, the more thin-skinned forms!!

Best regards

Grazie

10. Default

No problem Grazie.

I thought I'd let people know how I fixed it as HDD camcorders are getting more popular people may experience the same issue. It's a simple fix and I really should have checked for updates before posting on here!

Cheers

Biff

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast