Thread: How to set velocity in vegas 7.0d?

Default How to set velocity in vegas 7.0d?

Hi, I have a problem with vegas 7.0d

I drag the line so that it changes the speed of the videoclip but it seems to be increasing/decreasing in 7%'s.

Is there a way to manually set the velocity speed so that I can set it as 105%?

Blog Entries

To increase/decrease the increments (ie change them from 7%) change the height of the track (hover over the bottom of the track header so the curtsor changes and drag)

But better than this if you want a precise speed (eg 100%)...

Double click on the envelope to create a node. Right-click on the node and select "Set to..." from the context sensitive menu. Type in 105.

Tim

Ok I tried double clicking the videoclip and it selects the whole video. Now when I try rightclicking the node I see,
    "Set Selection to view" and "Set selection to project", but not "set to".
    Where exactly is the 'set to' option?

thank you for your help in this

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ibby View Post
    Ok I tried double clicking the videoclip
    I said double click on the envelope. From what you'd posted I assumed you'd created a velocity envelope (right click on the event, Select "Insert/Remove Envelopes" , Velocity). This creates a line on the clip (the "Velocity Envelope"). Double click on that and you will create a "node". Right click on that and you'll find the "Set to..." command.
    To set the whole of the event to the same speed, drag the node to the beginning of the event. Insert nodes at will to speed up, slow down, stop even REVERSE clips at different points. Great fun but can drive you mad!

Better luck this time.
    Tim

Ah yes, done it this time. thanks for your help Tim

Blog Entries

Glad to be of assistance.
    Tim

TIP 1 - Free Points!: When you INSERT a Velocity Envel, you automatically get a SINGLE Point right at the beginning. Tim, no need to place a point and then move it. When you insert the velocity envelope you get a POINT for free!

TIP 2 - AXIS Control!: If you wish to manipulate points hold down CTRL while grabbing moving the point, and this will lock it into the VERTICAL axis motion. This will ensure you don't move the point within the time frame - however, by changing the RATE of velocity=speed in effect you are changing the length of the Event and thus expanding or shortening the Event. But the point remains at its original "frame" position. Now, conversely, you could also hold down the ALT key and this will lock movement into the HORIZONTAL axis. This will ensure you don't drop into "reverse" madness!

TIP 3 - Quick-Draw!: From an earlier version you could draw DIRECTLY onto the Envelope. Roll over the Velocity Envelope, hold down the SHIFT and your Cursor turns into a Pencil! Now, start drawing . . how kool is that - huh?

Regards,

Grazie

Grazi you never siece to amaze! nice.
    Wil

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

http://www.youtube.com/user/ChapmanProduction

Ask my Father!! oh . .better not . .. G

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Grazie View Post
    TIP 1 - Free Points!: When you INSERT a Velocity Envel, you automatically get a SINGLE Point right at the beginning.!
    Which can't be seen if your demo clip has a similar shade of green at the same place and you're working on a cheap & cheerful monitor whilst waiting for a next day swap out for your main one AND your optician can't do any better for you.

Thanks for the tips Grazie (especially the cool "pen" tool - though quite how manageable that if for velocity, I'm not sure ) You always manage to find even more under the bonnet. What's frighteningly exciting is that there's yet more stuff that even you haven't discovered yet (probably).
    Tim