Thread: Color Correction For Music Video

Talking Color Correction For Music Video

Hi guys

I m doing a low budget music video using my panasonic MD 10000 camera.Can
    u guys help me with ideas and suggestions on how I can make my project have that professional look? Im talking color correction and all that. Please assist I,ve learnt a lot in this forum which has made me appreciate vegas. Thanxs

Color Correction is very important but without seeing your video it hard to suggest "corrections". It would also depend on the tone of the video, moody, upbeat ec... Theres a video out called "Punk Rock Film School" its pretty basic seeing how they use a standard hobby/home camcorder but his point is it dose not take much. I knew vey little about music videos and this had some good ideas, Also look at John Cooksey's Digital lighting magic series (3 disc set) And well i'm on the subject all of John Cooksey's videos are full of great info ( Elite Video ) If you have a specific lighting question let me know.
    Wil

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

http://www.youtube.com/user/ChapmanProduction

Thanks Chapman i'll for sure take alook.About lighting you said. For a low/no budget producer like me lol, what kind of lights can i use that is locally available in hardware stores? I was using halogen security lamps but they are emmiting some yellow light which makes the character look reddish.Are there lamps that can emmit white light? if so advice on methods i can use to achieve professional results. Thanks again

You would be surprised what works, I find those 500-1000 watt work lamps like you see on construction sites work great. They either have 1 or 2 lights and cost about $30-50. If you want to change the temp or color just clip a gel or a piece of colored paper over the cage on the light, you can also use foamcore or the school project poster board to bounce the light. Those clip on desk lamps work great for fill and hair lights. Your really only confined by you own imagination so have at it. Best of luck
    Wil

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

http://www.youtube.com/user/ChapmanProduction