Hey there, im Patrick im totally new to this, and would be very grateful for any advice.
As part of my media GCSE we are required to shoot a 'practical production', in my case this will be a skate video. I have been doing research into which camera's are best and have decided to either get one that records to mini DV or one that records to a memory card, the 'SD' camcorder i have been looking at is the SANYO XACTI CG-65 which has a 6 megapixel resolution, although a poor optical zoom (x10). There are various mini DV cameras i have looked at but deciding on which features are a necessity is starting to confuse me slightly. I would also be very grateful if someone could answer the following for me:
1. Which type of camera would have better picture quality after editing?
2. Do all mini DV camcorders have the same resolution?
3. How much money would i be looking at spending for a decent quality camcorder?
4. Will i need to buy video editing software, if so which is the best value for money?
5. Any tips for shooting a horror movie trailer?
Thanks again, Patrick