Thread: Blocky images

Default Blocky images

I have a sony camcorder DCR-TRV265E and have a problem with blocky images when transfering to most programmes like sony 7 and pinnacle studio 11 but when playing the video on the camcorder its self the video is perfect has any one got any ideas what the problem might be , any suggestions would be most helpful in trying to sort the problem out , thanks.

How are you connecting the camcorder to the computer? Are you using USB? If you are, then stop using it and start using Firewire instead, you may need to purchase a Firewire cable and possible Firewire card if your computer doesn't have a Firewire socket. Are you using a laptop or desktop PC? What spec is it?

Thanks for your reply I am using pc specs are,
    775dual asrock mobo
    Dual Core Pentium D 2.8Ghz
    Nvidia Geforce 7300GS 512Mb Graphics
    512Mb DDR Memory
    Sata 160gb H/Drive
    and connecting by USB cable
    Funny thing is connect it to my Wifes lesser spec pc and it seems to work okay , cannot make out what is wrong . any ideas ?
    Cheers for taking time to reply to my Prob

Your pc spec is fine, just stop using USB and start using Firewire instead. Can't understand why it appears to work fine on your wife's pc and not yours. Have you used the correct capture settings in your software? Does your wife have the same software on her computer or is it different?

Cheers for your reply it does seem to be abit strange that it works on the wifes and yes it is the same software but i will take your good advice and sort something for firewire and hopefully it will solve the problem. i will get back to you and let you know how it goes and once again cheers for your help it is greatly appreciated