Thread: no good capture program

Default no good capture program

I have a very little amount of space on my c: drive but have plenty on an external drive. I have tried the premiere capture, which usually drops half the number of frames as the movie itself. WinDV which makes the audio and video very very unsynchronized. Movie maker works just fine, but I need to export it as DV-AVI (otherwise it is at 320 X 240) which is uncompressed and for about every second another 10MB is added (it seems) It cannot add a codec, and it can only go into that tiny C:\ Drive which will get filled after like 2 minutes. Is there a better capture program or a way to make any of those capture programs work in the way I want?
    -Ethan

Maybe it's time you thought about buying a second internal hard drive as it isn't a problem to do with the software. Video files take up a lot of space, just over 1GB for 5 minutes of video when capturing .avi files from a Mini DV camcorder. You could try deleting/moving files, applicatons off your C drive and onto the external drive to free up some space.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikosony View Post
    Maybe it's time you thought about buying a second internal hard drive as it isn't a problem to do with the software. Video files take up a lot of space, just over 1GB for 5 minutes of video when capturing .avi files from a Mini DV camcorder. You could try deleting/moving files, applicatons off your C drive and onto the external drive to free up some space.

Yeah I know. My C drive is only 80GB at 5400RPM. 90 or more percent is filled, but I am too lazy to fix it. I asked my mom for my birthday for a hard drive, and I didn't get it. I did get some better stuff though, like an extra gigabyte of ram. I was really short on that as well. I looked at frys and they didn't even sell 80GB ones anymore. The smallest desktop drive was 120Gb and the same price as 160GB. I would like to have one, but I don't have one and I don't want to have to pay for it. I would prefer to manipulate my mom into getting it for me. I am going to attempt that right now
    -Ethan

Good luck...lol
    Wil

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

http://www.youtube.com/user/ChapmanProduction

I would sell the external hard drive to try and raise some extra moolah.

external have there place though.
    Wil

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

http://www.youtube.com/user/ChapmanProduction