Thread: total newbie

Question total newbie

hi my name is geoff and i live in the uk i like filming(when i finally get my camcorder lol) and editing my own films.
    right thats the intro over lol
    im starting a media filming and editing course soon but i need my own equipment.
    i would like a hard drive disk camcorder but there are quite a few too choose from im gettin a bit confussed with it all. i have about 500-650 too spend on a camcorder which has to be good on all aspects of filming also i must be able to edit with on my comp with that in mind which would you advise me to get?

many thanks geoff
    ps is there any uk based magazines i can buy?

Go for a Mini DV camcorder instead of a hard disk camcorder if you intend to edit your movies later.

ok i will go 4 a mini dv cam but which one is good sony or jvc or other and i would prefer to get one from a shop that offers insurence for brakedown etc so if any1 knos where i can get 1 from that does that kinda thing could you plz let me kno
    many thanks geoff

You really can't go wrong with Sony, JVC, Canon or my own particular favourite is Panasonic. I have two 3CCD camcorders and the picture quality on them is very good. It really depends on what features you are looking for and what features you can do without. Also, try not to spend your entire budget just on the camcorder. Get a tape head cleaner (very important), a bag to put your equipment into, lens cloth or lens tissues, a spare battery and perhaps a tripod. Using a tripod will make your shots more steady and more professional looking. If you go onto Google or Yahoo do a search for UK video magazines or digital video magazines and see what they show up.

Quote Originally Posted by snakes1989 View Post
    ok i will go 4 a mini dv cam but which one is good sony or jvc or other and i would prefer to get one from a shop that offers insurence for brakedown etc so if any1 knos where i can get 1 from that does that kinda thing could you plz let me kno
    many thanks geoff
    Also, as a gentle reminder to a new forum member. If you want people to answer you in future then please do not write your replies in TXT SPK. Most here find it annoying and will tend not to bother replying - me included.

ok sorry about that