Thread: Problem video ghosting & jumping, DVD Architect export

Default Problem video ghosting & jumping, DVD Architect export

Help!

I am quite new to video editing, however, fairly proficient in Premiere Pro and using DVD Architect to build my dvd menus. I have imported an .avi into DVD Architect and when I view on computer it is fine. However, when I view on a widescreen flat TV there appears to be ghosting lines on moving images, i.e. where I have pans, tilts etc. It's not like the blocked deinterlaced lines, more white ghsoting effect?? Also, if I import an .mpg into DVD ARchtiect instead, I seem to get pixelating or jumping video on the sides of the screen?? Any help here would be greatly appreciated as I have a deadline for YESTERDAY! Any advice on codecs etc....I have tried changing the .avi in AVS Video Converter to DivX .avi, but DVD Architect doesn't support it. Perhaps I need to find the correct codec for TV and computer monitor???

it sounds like a interlacing problem, play around with upper, lower and progressive in the custome settings and see what it dose, Divx is not widely supported by sony because of its "sometimes" bugginess. Its best to converty to something else in virtualdub. As far as codecs there are free codec pacs out there just google it. Best of luck
    Wil

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

http://www.youtube.com/user/ChapmanProduction

Thank you so much! Apologies for not getting back sooner, but your help has been much appreciated! Have a nice day.