Thread: Field sync problem

Default Field sync problem

Having exported some footage to AVI and MOV formats in Avid, the footage field order has fallen out of sync. If imported into Premiere is there a way of re-syncing it? Alternatively (though this is not the right group for this question) is there a setting change I'm missing in Avid to correct this export issue?

Cheers
    Rich
    There are two things you need to know -
    1. You need to know what you don't need to know.
    2. You don't know to know those things.

Is this Avid Liquid?
    Lloyd

That's my opinion. If you don't like it I have others

System: Apple Macbook Pro 17, and an external Freecom 500GB eSATA drive.
    Software: Final Cut Studio 2 (FCP 6, Motion 3, Soundtrack Pro 2, Color, DVD Studio Pro 4, Compressor 3), Sonicfire Pro 4.5
    Favourite Resources: Findsounds.com, Free DVD menus, Ken Stone's FCP Page, Wikivid

No. This is on Avid Composer...
    I've seen this problem before coming from Premiere and have tried various combinations of field options on import as well as exporting the source files under different field orders.
    Nothing seems to work in such a way that the footage will simply playback smoothly... Odd, Even and Single frame exports all have their own effect. Single frame presents a smooth picture but creates a stagger almost like a tft trying to keep pace with fast moving images. Odd and Even lead to increased or decreased levels of threading...
    Trying Premiere's field-options tool with some other footage I received that had the same problem and it's also not working - again, changes the level of threading but nothing eradicates it

Fixed it... Well... Kinda. I have realised that the field problem initially encountered was detailed in another thread here regarding viewing interlaced footage on progressive-scan monitors.

The next problem I had involved field dominance but that was fixed with going back into settings and changing the qt export settings back to current project. That then threw up a codec problem which is the current issue I'm working on resolving. Funny, I'm relatively happy with the edit of the piece that's occured so far... it's the minefield of exporting, fields and formats and so on that causes the issues. Ah well... I'm sure I'll get it shortly