Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AVI in Vegas 7.0

Exclamation AVI in Vegas 7.0

Why isn't there any video when i put an .AVI file into Vegas? Is there any way to make the video play in Vegas?

Thats not a lot to go on, There are many many avi codecs, Fown load G Spot its a free program just google it, It will tell you what kind of avi it is, then download the correct codec. Also make sure you don't have "ignore 3rd party codecs" checked in the properities.

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

3. Default

You need to convert your video to DV format *avi using a converter program.

I use SUPER. It works great.

I have the same problem, I used G-Spot and it told me that I had the proper codec installed. The AVI will play in WinAmp but I only get the audio in Vegas 7.0, then when I try to use Windows Movie Maker, it's crashes it and closes. I tried to convert it to DV using Super, the file ended up over 10 gigs and was crashing windows explorer whenever I tried to select it. I'm not sure what settings maybe I should be using when converting. All I want to do is be able to clip the episode so I can make a music video. I searched the forum and tried to do what I found to correct my problem, so I hope this isn't a nuisance post, thanks for any help you can offer.

5. Default

These are the settings I use. The resulting files are decompressed (I think), and are somewhat larger than the originals. Maybe 10X. But you can edit them now.

I'm not an expert, I just found some settings that worked for me.

Thanks, Greenlight, I used basically the same settings (only MP3 as audio and at a lower bitrate) so I have no clue why it's crashing my computer. I have an Ailenware Area 51 - 7500

Processor: Intel Core 2 Due 2.13 GHz
    Memory: 1GB DDR2

So it should be able to handle this, so I'm just not sure what is going on. I'm running Windows XP media edition, SP2

7. Default

Well, I'm using a toshiba laptop with centrino technology, not the most robust machine. It converts these files just fine for me.

I've tried everything I could think of and find on here. The only thing I can't find is where I can check in Vegas to allow for 3rd party codex's, could some one please tell me, I'll laugh if that's all it takes. Thanks.

Go to file<properities<editing(tab) scroll down till you see it.

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

Well I tried SUPER. Works great. I'm not getting 20GB files, btw DO NOT USE VIRTUALDUB. File went from 150MB to 20.8GB

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast