Thread: pc to tv

Default pc to tv

The other day i was thinking "wouldnt it be usefull if i could view my mpegs on my tv without having to burn them to dvd first"

Then it hit me why not connect my pc to the tv. The only problem is i dont know which leads i need. I have a t.v out on my p.c's graphics card an on my t.v i have 2 scart connections and the red, yellow and white connection thingys! (let me know if you need it in less technical details! )

Any help would be great

thanks

Mike

Blog Entries

It's almost as simple as connecting up a monitor. Firstly you'll need an s-video or composite to scart lead. If it's a four pin socket, it's s-video; compsoite is a yellow one pin socket. Plug the s-video into your Pc and the scart into the tv. Go to control panel, display, click on advanced and enable the the tvout under. In reality it's a bit more advanced as this is a) from memory, and b) kinda dependant on the drivers. But basically, it's pretty intuative. I've got my HTPC connected to my Widescreen TV and the text is easier to read on that than it is on this crappy monitor I use at work!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Peters
    It's almost as simple as connecting up a monitor. Firstly you'll need an s-video or composite to scart lead. If it's a four pin socket, it's s-video; compsoite is a yellow one pin socket. Plug the s-video into your Pc and the scart into the tv. Go to control panel, display, click on advanced and enable the the tvout under. In reality it's a bit more advanced as this is a) from memory, and b) kinda dependant on the drivers. But basically, it's pretty intuative. I've got my HTPC connected to my Widescreen TV and the text is easier to read on that than it is on this crappy monitor I use at work!!!
    Thanks for that marc. One last thing, am i correct in thinking that s-video is sound only, so i would need to connect my sound card to my t.v

Any ideas how to do this?

Thanks again

Mike

s-video is video only. I know what ya meant

To connect up sound you'll need a 3.5mm stereo mic jack to 2x phono cables.

Quote Originally Posted by mrlipring
    s-video is video only. I know what ya meant

To connect up sound you'll need a 3.5mm stereo mic jack to 2x phono cables.
    Opppsss well spotted!

Thanks for that

Mike

Default P.C. to T.V. Problems...

Hi
    I decided to put my p.c. to my T.V. and followed the instuctions above BUT I'm not getting any (or very little) colour???? I messed with the T.V. colour settings but to no avail :(
    Anyone know why?

Any enlightenment will be greatfully recieved

G

P.S. I heard a shorter S-Video cable the better?? True or False??
    \"A Man Is Only As Big As The Dreams He Dares To Live\"

Acer 1310,Athlon 2500+, 512ram,60GB+120GB external HDD,DVD/CD-RW in a Laptop (travelling perposes), Panasonic GS-70. Studio 9

I don't get colour when I capture from an analogue source to my S-Video port on my TV-card. So I have to use composites, same problem I guess, anyone know whats wrong?

and I also heard short cables are better, and that you should keep them straight, I guess its about minimising the resistance in the wire that affects the signal or something.
    Panasonic SD9, Panasonic NVGS-75, Canon MV600i