Hi there, fairly new to this and WMM has kind of run out of steam for what I want. I'm lookinh for some cost effective (read cheap!) software that I can use to edit my car trackday & other home movies. I have a 480 line bullet cam that records to an Archos 404 and a Sony DCR-SR72 HDD Camcorder. I did use Super c to convert the footage from the camcorder but it ended up jerky and crap quality. I want to be able to edit my clips together but them still to be good enough quality to view on a TV (I know the footage from the bullet cam won't look good on TV but the Camcorder stuff should).
Which software would I need to do the following :-
1) Edit both the footage from the Sony HDD camcorder & the Archos / bullet cam
2) Be able to smudge out numberplates etc
3) Have the ability through the software or an add on, to overlay a timer / stopwatch for lap timing
4) Possibly be able to do picture in picture for front & rear facing views
5) Add titles, text overlays audio tracks etc
6) I'm no idiot but would like something that's fairly logical to use
Thanks in advance
Based in the UK by the way if that makes a difference.