Thread: How best to play batch of mpg files at once ?

Default How best to play batch of mpg files at once ?

Hi,
    I have a load of mpg files I have edited, each is a few seconds long, and wish to play them by opening the entire lot, sitting back and viewing on PC what I have there, without having to go file open and view each one separately which wil take ages. I dont wish to author them to disc as I am forever adding to them so that disc is immediately out of date and wasted. I could open them in an authoring prog, I use TMPGenc DVD author2 but that means having one track and going add file to each file, again it will take hours !
    Any ideas ?
    I will want to eventually string them end to end. adjust their order, then create a new video and also burn to disc. Would Womble be best at this, I use Premiere but thats avi and not designed for mpg.
    Merlin

Kansas City, Missouri, USA, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Universe 42

Get Winamp media player. Select all the mpgs in one folder and play them. It will treat the video files just like mp3 audiofiles. You can create a playlist if you like, that way files from different folders can be included, plus you can set the sequence.
    Fav quote - "Experience is whatcha don't get 'till ya don't need it no more."

System - Athlon 1.4GHz, Win98, Hauppauge PVR250 receiver and compressor.
    Software -Magix Movie Edit Pro 10, Nero 6 + NeroVision Express, Moho 4.61, PSP 8.1, Bryce, Quicktime 6.52 pro, Goldwave 5, DVD-Lab.
    Cameras - Panasonic GS9, Canon ES8400V, Canon EOS D20 and Canon A70

Hi Crusty,
    Have tried winamp out following your suggestion on winXP SP1 (without sound working),
    it works....but videos are upside down and I cant see how to fix that...any ideas ?
    Yet to try on win2k where I need it as that OS still has sound.
    Win2K in fact driving me nuts, winamp says dvd decoder missing, I surf and after much hassle find and download a few, inc one from Msoft for when installing WMP and corporate firewall denies internet access (my win2k no internet) and still get error. Install quicktime and still no joy. I have never know a search for such a simple thing be so convoluted, dvd codec and one is led on a wild goose chase, links lead to links and so on. felt like i was in a nightmare.
    What will I need to add to win2K to get winamp to play mpg ?
    Codecs or dvd decoders or whatever, same thing ?...must be free as they are a temporary measure until the rebuild happens.
    Merlin
    Last edited by Merlin; 09-01-2007 at 08:18 PM.

Kansas City, Missouri, USA, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Universe 42

You might try -

Preferences (Ctrl-P) > Plug-ins > Input > Double click "Nullsoft DirectShow decoder..." > Configure

Check "Force vertical flip..." box
    Fav quote - "Experience is whatcha don't get 'till ya don't need it no more."

System - Athlon 1.4GHz, Win98, Hauppauge PVR250 receiver and compressor.
    Software -Magix Movie Edit Pro 10, Nero 6 + NeroVision Express, Moho 4.61, PSP 8.1, Bryce, Quicktime 6.52 pro, Goldwave 5, DVD-Lab.
    Cameras - Panasonic GS9, Canon ES8400V, Canon EOS D20 and Canon A70

windows media player seems to be able to do this job....