Thread: Wow

1. Question Wow

This is probably not the right forum, but I want someone to explain to me why I should buy a new pc and use Premiere Pro instead of buying a IMAC and using iMovie.

A guy had 10 clips and in 5 minutes he managed to create a movie. It was amazing.
    To pick a 10 second section from a clip he just highlighted the part and clicked a button and you had your new clip. No need to export to a new file and save it or render it.

I have used Premiere Pro in a very basic format so if there are major benefits in using it instead of a Mac please let me know.

I think it will be the end of my pc and welcoming a MAC.

Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might.

Western Europe

iMovie is a very basic video editing program on the MAC whereas Premiere Pro either on a PC or (can't remember if it's still made for the MAC) is a serious video editor so you really can't compare them. You can do just exactly the same things on a MAC (don't be swayed by fancy sales jargon into parting with more money than you need to).

Caithness, Scotland

Final Cut Pro is the Apple "serious" editing software, but if just throwing a few clips about with an odd cut here and there is all you need - go with imovie and an Apple Mac.

I'm all for an simple easy life (so why am I using AE7, PPro V2 on a PC I keep asking myself!!)

In my opinion some of these software creators/designers need to take a serious step back and have a look at a complete beginner trying to figure out (without any prompting mind!!) how to use their products. I feel they might just learn something about the real world for a change. I'm quite frankly getting tired (and ill) screaming at computer screens in pure frustration!! (and I've been at it for 20 years or so - don't talk to me about 3D modelling or After Effects!!) Yes by all means have all the finite detail stuff at a deeper level of access but keep all the broad everyday workman tools at the top in a clear (idiot proof) understood way.

And this is where I feel Apple have a far better grip of the market and the typical requirements of the users.
    All the Worlds at Stage and we are mearly players . . .