Thread: display problems in vegas 7

Default display problems in vegas 7

Hi,

I have been using Vegas for not long now and I encountered a new problem the other day. I need to render a movie but for some reason the movies Iím trying to render arenít showing up on the display properly and when i do render it looks the same.
    basically all I see is the first frame of where i have the cruiser on and it freezes. its like it cant read the rest of the frames. When i try to review the video as normal (using windows media player) it works fine...

Any ideas on what it could be?

It sounds like you have a loop region set, If you look above the timeline you'll see two very little yellow things, if you stretch out the time line you'll see it better, it real hard to see if the tl is not stretched.
    Wil

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

http://www.youtube.com/user/ChapmanProduction

hi,

thanks for the reply but no... the loop region I use regularly and it wasnít set on a short time span but for about a 3 minute time span so I donít believe this was the problem...

got any other ideas?

Blog Entries

Sorry Karine, could you explain the problem a bit more clearly for dunces like me?

Do you mean that your preview displays just the frame sitting under the cursor when you are trying to preview what's on the timeline and the preview display displays what's under the cursor when you are rendering but the rendered output is OK? Or something entirely different?
    Tim

hi,

well its close to what your thinking...

I set up the video on the time line and set the loop region for 3min and press the play on the preview but than the image stuck on the first frame so i put the carouser on a point further along the video and it shows only the first frame and stuck... so i figured ill try to render anyway to see what happens but its the same- the video is stuck on the first frame...

did this explanation helps?

I never had a problem like that before and the same video shows fine on the player prier to the rendering...

any ideas?

Blog Entries

So it doesn't render. It's the source video that plays OK in Windows Media Player. Am I right?

If so, this is most likely a codec issue. Something you have installed or updated since Vegas was dealing with this correctly has overwritten or changed a codec. This could be a bitch to tie down. For starters try a system restore back to when you know it was working. If it works after that, you know it's got to be something you installed since.
    Tim

oh!
    thatís not good news...

well, thanks for your help...

ps
    I never tried using the clip in Vegas before but it still works fine in WMP so i guess system restore isnít an option... :-(

Blog Entries

In my experience a system restore is pretty non-destructive and can always be undone. Worth a try, no? (I understand the logic that if it works OK in WMP it should work in Vegas, but only last week I was looking at some mpgs that would display fine in Vegas, but not at all in WMP)

Also might be worth uninstalling then reinstalling Vegas.

All seems a bit drastic, I know, but regard the facts. Vegas USED to display these clips OK. Now it doesn't. SOMETHING has happened in between. We have to test all possibiltes until we find the culprit (or get it working again without finding the culprit)
    Tim

well, I think doing system restore wont help me to be honest but the reinstalling of vegas might (since i never used the clip in vegas before i have no idea till which point was the program working fine with it...)

but since my tech man is on leave ill wait for him to look at the programs...
    it sounds like it could be a codec problem (not that i have a clue what it means but it sounds good.. ;-p)

lets hope he can fix it or those clips are down the drain... :-/

Blog Entries

lets hope he can fix it or those clips are down the drain.
    No way! If they can be displayed in WMP (have you tried others) We'll get them in to Vegas some way. I'd misunderstood - I thought (for no reason whatsoever, having now re-read the posts) these wereclips you used to be able to display in Vegas. What about other clips? Clips you have worked with before? Do they work OK?
    Even if you go via another package, you WILL be able work with them in Vegas, Cinderella.
    Tim