Thread: Rendering Problems

Default Rendering Problems

I have had sony vegas 7 since Christmas and it has worked fine and I have made many movies with it. Just last week I tried to render a movie as .wmv (like i always do) and it rendered to about 5% and then an error message popped up saying that I needed to close out. I went back and tried to save it as other types of video formats like .avi and .mpg4 but the error message still pops up. Sometimes a different message come up saying that my virtual memory is low, and when i close out of sony vegas 7 my computer's memory is normal.

here is a screenshot of my problem.

Surrey, UK
    Blog Entries

Does it always bomb out at the same place? If so it might be you've got a corrupt clip. Try deleting the clip s around where the error occurs and retry (not a cure, you realise, just a means of narrowing the problem down)

How much HD space have?

How much of it is defragged?

Have you looked in your Vegas Temp directory? See if you have old mouldy *.tmp and "other" files lurking?

Do you render To your HD?

I also notice that you have at least 3 FXs on unrendered NTSC footage? Is your footage NTSC - your Project is set so? And on top of that you are rendering to WMV? Now, in all fairness to Vegas Plat - you DO have Vegas Plat - it WILL do all of this you are asking. However, the more constipated a system becomes, then the more difficult it is to "squeeze" your masterpiece OUT!

So, check out the condition of your HD C: drive and get back to us. If you working as close to the bone with your CACHING - this is used for rendering - then you/we can have issues.

PLease reply so we can help you! First thing I would try is getting rid of the clip it stops rendering at... also if it happens again, see what the Data/Error Report contains.