Thread: Video Intro idea to reality.

Default Video Intro idea to reality.

Hi there.
    I have been looking for a forum like this for ages and finally I think I have found it
    I have been video editing for a while now (about a year) but my machine has been my limiting factor. I have now got a new PC and I can run Adobe Premiere and After Effects so the only thing stopping me is my knowledge of these programs and I guess my imagination.
    I have been using a number of tutorials from videocopilot and I have come up with a couple of ideas myself but not sure how to make them in to reality, and this is where I hope you are able to help.

Im sure you have seen the tutorial about how to zoom out from a city and stop when your in outer space, looking back at earth. If you haven't then this is the tutorial I am using : Video Copilot Video Tutorial

Now, what I want to do is start the video focused on a person sitting in an office, day dreaming, and then zoom in on their eye and then replace their pupil with the earth and then zoom in on a location.
    This giving the impression that this is what they are dreaming of. Does that make sense?

I have the earth zoom thing working, all be it round the wrong way (zooming out from earth rather than zoomig in on earth).

Should I just use a still image of someones face and zoom in to the eye or should I video someones face and zoom in with the camera?

How would I go about replacing the pupil with earth? Some sort of transparency?

I am sure this wont be the last question I ask but I hope, over time, I will be able to help others who are at the same stage I am just now.

Cheers,
    Owain.

Hi,

I think a living person as apposed to a still image would be nicer. Depneding on how good you zoom is you good zoom all the way into the eye so all you see is the white of the eye and the iris. Then take a seperate shot or image of the earth so that the size of the earth matches the size of the iris and then belnd the two so the iris is replaced by the earth.

Just an idea!

Regards

Cheers for the idea. Think thats how I might actually do it.

Just need to find somone willing to be the subject to video Easier said than done!

If anyone else has other ideas on how to do this please let me know.

O.

Just an idea for the zoom to the eye, what if instead of trying to zoom in on an eye start off by being very close with the camera focused on the eye and then pull the shot back to reveal the person sitting at the desk. Then in the edit just reverse the clip. Doing it that way may make it easier to control the shot.

Also for changing the pupil to the earth, how about changing it when the person blinks, so before the blink you see the pupil then after as the eyelid comes up use a mask to reveal the earth image where the pupil was and then do your zoom in to a location.

Its a nice idea, hope you post the finished version when its done.

Quote Originally Posted by TractionKiting View Post
    H If you haven't then this is the tutorial I am using : Video Copilot Video Tutorial

Now, what I want to do is start the video focused on a person sitting in an office, day dreaming, and then zoom in on their eye and then replace their pupil with the earth and then zoom in on a location.
    Ha ha. beat you to it. I suggested exactly that on AK's blog when he asked for new tutorial ideas.

Well, I have just made the first 19seconds of the video Instead of using a human I have used my Cat The video will be his dreams. Its actually come out a lot better than I thought it would do for my first attempt. I will be sure to post the final video on here.

Im sure I will be asking more questions before the video is finished, acutally just thought of one but I think it should be another thread....will search the forum first to find out if its been asked before first

Cheers for your help. Slowly getting to grips with After Effects and Premiere.

O.