Thread: Editing Truck Setup

Uhrichsville Ohio

Default Editing Truck Setup

Kind of a long post, but I hope some of you read it and can give me some input, it would be greatly appreciated!

I own a new company in north east Ohio, usa. The people here are complete sports nuts. We are going to offer streaming video of the local highschool sports games. we just bought a box van, and want to put some equipment in it to edit. We are going to start with high school football (American) games. They are on a quarter by quarter basis and we want to just take the mini dv tape out of our Canon GL2 every quarter, use another camera to input on our mac with final cut studio. Thats all well and fine and covered, but what do you guys suggest for running multiple cameras and doing a live stream out. (Our parent company is a wireless internet service provider, so we can beam out net at 100mbps) We want to run two GL2's and just run some sort of cable down to the truck. We will be on top of a pressbox, so the cable will need to be of length. What kind of cable do you suggest? The GL2 does svideo out so I was wondering if we could do that down into a canopus.

Any suggestions?

By the way, our site is
    Mac G5 workstation with 4 gigs of ram, 4x250 gig drives in raid 5. High availability cluster server running centos for a server. 2xCanon GL2 cameras.

Why not use wireless from the gl2's to the van, I have information on live streaming and production vans/trucks I'll see if I can dig it up at the office.

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2