Thread: help please

Default help please

hellow. i me new in here. i came across this forum, and i have a question for the experts. i ll buy a portable computer, in a few months, mostly for editing work, 3D, photo editing, etc. ate school i work with avid, and i like it, but my question is simply this one:

avid and microsoft, versus mac, final cut.

anyone?

Bananas or oranges? Coke or Milkshake?

Would you expect people to be able to answer the above questions on your behalf? All the editing tools you see today are very capable. Feature wise there is very little between them and absolutely any one of them will allow you to do what you want to do. The tools don't make the editor, they simply enable him/her. Think of it as the path way to the destination. There are often many routes.

As such I would recommend you do what most of us have done and draw yourself up a short list, identify any key features which are important to you, search the net for reviews on those editing suites and mark off on a checklist - almost a score sheet and use that as an input to your decision making.

Good luck in your search. Now go have a milkshake...
    Last edited by LJR; 08-25-2007 at 08:57 AM.
    Lloyd

That's my opinion. If you don't like it I have others

System: Apple Macbook Pro 17, and an external Freecom 500GB eSATA drive.
    Software: Final Cut Studio 2 (FCP 6, Motion 3, Soundtrack Pro 2, Color, DVD Studio Pro 4, Compressor 3), Sonicfire Pro 4.5
    Favourite Resources: Findsounds.com, Free DVD menus, Ken Stone's FCP Page, Wikivid

thank for the answwer, but i think ate the level of internal potencialities, the machines are at great dislevel, mac at thr front. but is that difference crucial? at school i work with double processors, but at home, i wouldnt like to wait hours for rendering or others.

saw your 'opinion', and that's waht i was thinking. thanks
    Last edited by absurdo; 08-25-2007 at 03:48 PM.

Rendering is part and parcel of editing and authoring. All tools have to render at some point. I agree that some appear to be continually rendering versus others but the system specification of course plays a part in that. You've now identified a criterion for the software you want, you probably have others too. My advice is now go seek out reviews and other forums too and see what people are saying about those particular features.

FWIW Avid Liquid has superb background rendering, meaning that even when you do need to render it will do so in the background without preventing you from continuing to work. FCP has a mode where you can tell it to reduce video quality during playback instead of rendering for an age. Horses for courses. You need to factor it all into your decision making.
    Lloyd

That's my opinion. If you don't like it I have others

System: Apple Macbook Pro 17, and an external Freecom 500GB eSATA drive.
    Software: Final Cut Studio 2 (FCP 6, Motion 3, Soundtrack Pro 2, Color, DVD Studio Pro 4, Compressor 3), Sonicfire Pro 4.5
    Favourite Resources: Findsounds.com, Free DVD menus, Ken Stone's FCP Page, Wikivid

can someone try to help me

im trying to make a music video obviously with the lips in sync with the mp3
    can anyone reccomend a programme that will let me move the video/music forward or backward very very very slightly so i can match up the mouth movements with the song

ive tried ulead video studio 11, but it will only let me move them in big chunks so i have either the words going too fast/slow or the mouth movements too fast/slow

mike xx

i only edit video with avid, and it allows you to move anything frame by frame. however i dont know if u can easely get the program running, so, wait for more opinioes.