Thread: Pinnacle 9.3 SE questions

Default Pinnacle 9.3 SE questions

Hi,
    I am relatively new to video editing and Pinnacle (9.3 SE) has left me with questions and their 'help' section leaves me somewhat confused.

I am capturing 1 hour of video from my camcorder to edit, and then burn to dvd for tv. Can you kind people help with simple answers to these simple questions please?

1) When capturing is complete, does Pinnacle automatically save it or do I need to do that?

2) If, when I am editing my project and need to leave my session in the middle of my storyboard, how do I save it so I can continue editing later? If it is me to save it, and assuming it should be AVI, what compression settings should I use?

3) When I make my movie for disc, does it automatically create in mpeg?
    In disc settings:What audio compression do I use? In your experiences is VBR or CBR recommended?

Thanks is advance for any help.
    J

Hi goldengirl

I have studio plus 4.3.3 but it should be the same

1) when you first ask to capture, studio asks you for a file name, and saves it automatically. In the box bottom right on the capture screen is the drive it will store to, and a 'file' icon. Click on the icon, and browse to where you want the avi file to be stored. Best to upload at full quality if you've room.
    2) In edit, click on 'file' and one of the drop down options is 'save project as'. You are just sving the project, so there are no settings needed.
    3) I make the disc direct, burn it in Pinnacle. It does all the rendering. I always use VBR. If it's one hour you can use 'best quality video' in the settings box, and PCM audio.
    Win XP, Athlon 1.8, G force 3 T, 1 60gig drive + 1 250 gig, Pinnacle Studio 9 plus mostly, Premiere 6, and Vegas 5 sometimes, Soundforge, Cool Edit.

thanks GillianG,

I was very nervous to attempt this job without a little direction.
    I did what you said, and am happy to report that I am nearly finished editing my project.
    Knowing that I could save my sessions is a great help.

Thanks for taking the time to help me out.

Judy