Thread: Vegas 7.0 Velocity Envelope Gone?

Default Vegas 7.0 Velocity Envelope Gone?

Let me first say hello to all the users of this forum and thank you for allowing me to post. I think sites like this rock for various reasons... but back to business.

I have vegas 4.o on a machine and I recently discovered the Video Envelope for Velocity LOL.. yeah I am a late bloomer... no schooling... getting into shooting music videos and what not.

Anywho - I purchased Vegas 7.o and now that feature is gone... I know you can hold control and expand - but there were cool features such as slow to freeze frame and reverse you could do with setting points.... how do I accomplish this now in 7.o????

one other thing I would like to know / learn is have you ever watched a music video - let's just say a ballad singing track - female - and it seems as if the velocity of her movement is slow but the time to the track is right? almost as if she is in a slower motion than what was captured but without loosing timing... similar to a trick we use in our recording studio with pitch shifting but not loosing the time duration.

Just wondering cause that's a neat trick...

Thanks in advance for your input!

Low

Blog Entries

Velocity Envelope - I'm not sure if this has changed since v4, but to see the envelope in 7, right click the track header and select "Add/Remove envelopes" from the context menu.
    If you don't have that option, then you're not running Vegas 7, you're running Vegas MOVIE STUDIO 7. Movie Studio does not have velocity envelopes. You can, however, slow down and speed up events by holding Ctrl (or is it Alt) while draging the event ends.

Music Video Effect. I may be totally wrong, but I've always assumed this is basically a strobe effect. Unlike a strobe light, you don't have "black" between the visible frames, but repeat the visible frames.
    You could also try motion blur (though I'm not sure if VMS has that) or a combination of the two.

I'm sure Grazie will know the answer and know many alternative ways of approaching this.
    Tim

Hi,

Go to "View" and scroll down and select "Show Envelopes".

Yeah it's Vegas Movie Studio but it does say Vegas 7.0 - I am lost - I even email sony begging them to bring back that feature. LOL... man I really that feature - cause to hold control and drag only gives you one feature and the velocity feature does alot in one!

As far as the blur or strobe effect. I am not sure if that's what I was referring to. It's more like the film appears to be slowed down but the timing is preserved.

Sony just emailed me asking me to purchase the upgrade to 8.0 but if it doesn't have that feature they can forget about it.... I might as well just download 4.0 off of bear share lol

Yeah just checked it's Movie Studio Platinum but you know it's Vegas. lol.... looks just like it. Either way I think that feature should still be available - I mean who was the genius who said, " oh take that out - nobody uses that anyway!" LMAO

Blog Entries

They didn't take it out. It's there in Vegas. They released a more consumer orientated product - Vegas Movie Studio which, is a cut down version (as Adobe did with Premiere Elements, for example)
    Tim

oh man... you are right.... I have the vegas 4.0 I purchased the wrong thing.... GEEZ man!!!! lol.... thanks Tim. errrrr lol