Thread: Pink / light red clips in Vegas 7.0e

Default Pink / light red clips in Vegas 7.0e

Hey guys, I trust you can help.

I have come across an artifacting issue within vegas while I am editing my showreel. Many of my layers have transparency to build up the final image. This artifacting appears to be random pixels.
    On further inspection I noticed that the clips with the problem are actually a pink or light red colour (as opposed to the white background of my other clips). Is this a prerendering problem akin to final cut pro? I havent come across this in vegas before!?

I could not find anything in the help file regarding vegas's auto-colouring of clips on the tracks.

Any ideas?

I have a dual-core, dual xeon, 4gb machine and the clips are just still images (.tga) so I would be suprised if it was a memory issue.

Thanks so much,

Hey guys I found the solution - it was under synchronisation.

Apparently an item which is duplicated from itself must remain synchronised (right click on the pink coloured clip and goto synchronize>by moving / by slipping)

It appears to be inplace to make sure offset audio and video tracks do not become an issue, however - I had stills which where duplicated and offset from each other, this break in synch lead to atrifacting of the alpha channel?!

I am in the process of trying to create a duplicate without links to the original (maybe a new group)

Hope this helps anyone else with this issue.

Sorry for the multiple post, i couldn't find an edit button!?

The artifacting came back with a vengeance. I don't think vegas likes .tga with premult'd alpha. I have re-rendered stills as .tiff and the artifacting has gone (for now).