Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do you think to my trailer?

Default What do you think to my trailer?

Hi, I've made this trailer for a film (third in a trilogy) which I'm currently making, and I'm still getting alot of comments about it. So, I wondered what you all thought of it. I'd really like some constructive criticism, as that would really help me improve in newer films. Thanks.

I hope I can be forgiven for my misunderstanding of music copyright at the time. My newer films have all taken this into consideration.

Youtube - YouTube - Fight 3 Trailer
    Last edited by BritishEye; 08-21-2007 at 03:15 PM.

great trailer! I am actually working on a movie and trailer that is very much like that, but cheesier.
    -Ethan

Thanks!
    Do you think there is anything major that I could improve on?

Quote Originally Posted by BritishEye View Post
    Thanks!
    Do you think there is anything major that I could improve on?
    Personally I think the audio could use improvement.

The music was OK, but the voices were a little muffeled and boxy. I'm assuming you're using the built in cam mic?

Fun concept though

The beginning 30 seconds uses older footage with older sound, so that would be expected to be bad quality.
    The rest of the trailer, in colour, does use the in-built mic. Listening to it again, I can see what you mean. From what I'm hearing, it would be a good idea to get a proper external mic.

For the time being, does recording the dialogue at a later date with a different mic ever live up to using an external mic on set?

I also think it would make it a little better if you added muzzle flashes to the guns. Plus, the voice-over audio is really low quality.
    Edit: oh, I didn't notice MarkOneMusic already said that
    Last edited by etharooni; 08-24-2007 at 08:27 PM.
    -Ethan

Thanks, there isn't actually shooting in any of the scenes shown in the trailer, but therre will be shooting and muzzle flashes in the final thing. But do you mean it would be a good idea to use some shooting in the trailer?

Quote Originally Posted by BritishEye View Post
    Thanks, there isn't actually shooting in any of the scenes shown in the trailer, but therre will be shooting and muzzle flashes in the final thing. But do you mean it would be a good idea to use some shooting in the trailer?
    it looked like, in the black and white part at the beginning, that one guy was doing a matrix dodge as someone was shooting him. I dunno. but nice editing anyway.

EDIT: I looked at the other 2 movies and I have to say, the trailer is better than all the rest

EDIT AGAIN: can you give me opera sounding audio in the background. I was google searching those, but I didn't know what to search for.

EDIT YET AGAIN: also that explosion is really badly composited. I would recommend looking at detonationfilms.com with a blast with a glack background and use a 'screen' effect with it. That one was one with a blue or green background wasn't it?
    Last edited by etharooni; 08-27-2007 at 02:58 AM.
    -Ethan

The black and white bit, yup. At the matrix dodge there was shooting, but no muzzle flash. We couldn't have done anything like that then. Sound is missing too, but it's deliberate due to the music. I thought it should be kept to original footage there. But muzzleflashes do appear in this film, just not in the trailer.

reply to 1st edit: thanks

reply to 2nd edit: Opera? What are you looking for? Do you mean you want to use the same music, or similar music to that in the trailer?

reply to 3rd edit: The explosion was actually from Detonation Films. I think it was from black, with Luma key on Pinnacle 10, not blue or green screen chroma key. Can I ask what particularlly makes it 'really badly composited'? Do you mean that it should have some sort of haze around it to look like it fits into the surroundings?

Default matrix lives on

great little show reel, good to see that The Matrix still inspires, some 7 years on since its release, there is a saying less is more, and youcertainly have a good editing sence..something which can take years to achieve..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast