Thread: DVD Architect Sudio 3 - DVD: Edges cut off

Exclamation DVD Architect Sudio 3 - DVD: Edges cut off

Hi, I'm using DVD Architect Studio 3 and I've finished building my entire DVD. I've prepared it in PAL Widescreen (although I have already tried PAL) and burned it onto a DVD-R disc. When I play the disc back on my computer, it works and displays perfectly. But when I try to view it on my TV/a stand alone (PAL) DVD player, all the sides are cut off slightly (top, bottom, left and right) so all the objects on the sides are not visible.

I tried adjusting the TV's display to see if it's just the simple case that the video is too big for the screen, but when I view it even in 4:3, it's still cut off.

Also, I know it's not just my DVD Player because I tried it on a different one and the sides are still cut off by the same amount. Does anyone know what I can do to fix this? It's been driving me crazy!

Default DVD video edges cut off

I'm having the same troubles... I just used Nero 7 to create a DVD-R disc using an 16:9 AVI file... plays great on the computer, but cuts off the edges on the standalone DVD player and TV. I also tried it on a new portable/travel DVD player--it did the same thing there.

What's up with that? I've been digging around all over the net and can't find a solution--just more people with the same problem.

Can anyone help?

Greg Collins
    Braintrove - Solutions to Everyday Problems!
    Last edited by Braintrove.com; 08-25-2007 at 03:46 AM.

Ive been having the same problem... I use roxio and its been cutting off the subtitles

Its normal, its called "overscan" Turn on your Title safe and action safe grids.
    Wil

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

http://www.youtube.com/user/ChapmanProduction

Thanks so much! That was a great help! It seems like such a simple solution! There's just one problem. How do you get the video (title) to fit within the action safe area? Thanks in advance.

I think we have to use Final Cut or similar video editors to crop it. I can't find a free one tho that I could crop it and I dont think windows movie maker can do it.

Can anyone tell me where I can find a free video editor that could crop it so that black is left on the edges?

Yes, but I dont want to crop it, I want to resize it so it fits within the title/action safe area.

I've dug all through the Nero 7 features and cannot find anything overscan, title safe or action safe... any other ideas?

I realize that Nero is not a top-quality DVD creator, but I would have thought that since it touts 16:9 it should be able to at least produce a disc that plays correctly on a TV and portable DVD player.

Greg Collins
    Braintrove -- http://www.braintrove.com

Quote Originally Posted by ckalcov View Post
    Thanks so much! That was a great help! It seems like such a simple solution! There's just one problem. How do you get the video (title) to fit within the action safe area? Thanks in advance.
    If you look at the tool bar below your templet you'll see boxes for font type, size, color ec... your tab for the action and title safe will be at the top
    Wil

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

http://www.youtube.com/user/ChapmanProduction

When I said Crop I meant resizing where there will be a black border around it as you do in Final Cut Pro but I dont have it because I dont have 900 dollars to pull out of nowhere