Thread: Pinnacle Studio 8

Angry Pinnacle Studio 8

My Pinnacle Studio 8 doesn't seem to detect my vcr. Is there something else I need to check or what.
    Thank you
    booger43

I always had problems with Studio 8 before I gave up and moved on to using Movie Maker. I always had problems with video and sound sync. If you're having a problem with it, I highly recommend that you check to see if there are any new updates for Studio 8 first, as alot of bugs get fixed that way. DirectX always caused a problem too for me. This may not be anything to do with your problem, but it's worth checking that you've got DirectX9 or higher.

How are you connecting your vcr to your computer? Is it an external/internal capture card or are you running it through a digital camcorder (acting as an analogue to digital convertor) and then connecting the camcorder to the computer using Firewire? Some more details of your setup might help.