I have a huge problem. I want to create a 20-min movie using Premiere Pro 1.5. I am editing small parts and in the end I want to gather them in one whole movie. Nevertheless I want to keep the good quality of the original videos. When I export as a Movie, the small video pieces are too big - 1 minute is around 250 MB. But I do not want to have more than 5 GB final production.

To resolve that problem I tried a couple of things. I used X Video Converter to reduce the size of the pieces, but it was not very useful, because the quality is not good and sometimes the sound did not coincide with the picture. I also tried with Adobe Media Encoder: Format MPEG2 - Pal DV 4x3 High Quality VBR 2 Pass. This one was not bad, but it created three files - one of the audio, one of the video and a third one I hane no idea what is.

So I would like to ask of any advice which preset to use, or how to create one file after using Adobe Media Encoder: Format MPEG2 - Pal DV 4x3 High Quality VBR 2 Pass; or of any other software which I could use to compress/convert.

Thank you