Thread: My virgin appearance, and also looking for help

Default My virgin appearance, and also looking for help

Hi There
    I have just found this forum on Google, and have say here and found some excellent posts.

I have 2 tiny little jobs to do, and thought somebody here may be able to help me.

1. My client was on the BBC "working lunch" show, and we have captured the whole TV show from the BBC website in WMV, that has the 5 min clip reviewing his company. We just want to cut that tiny little bit out of it and export the vid still in WMV, what would be the best software for this?
    2. Another client is a comedian/author gavinwebster.co.uk - Home, who writes many of the jokes etc for Viz comic and some BBC programs and has a DVD a student produced of him in standup. The problem is he cant get hold of the student anymore, and only wants to cut out a tiny bit of the DVD so he can add to his website and You Tube. What would be the best solution ofr that?
    Would it be possible to use a software to do both jobs, as i have been looking at ULead video studio 11 plus Multimedia Software Developer: Ulead Online Store - VideoStudio - Buy

Is this over kill, or will it be good for what i need?

Kindest regards
    Ian

Any NLE should be able to do both, Personaly I would go for either Sony Vegas or Adobe Premiere, They both make a lite version for about $100 but you can upgrade to the pro versions cheaper and once the editing bug hits you;ll want more and more features. Both have trials availible to see if one is right for you
    Wil

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

http://www.youtube.com/user/ChapmanProduction

Blog Entries

As CP says most editors will do this, personally I would ask the BBC for a copy of the clip.

High Guys, thanks for that, i have downloaded Premier Pro demo, and will be willing to buy it if it does as i need. But i have tried to copy the DVD VOBs with it, and cant find any way of doing so.

Is this the right software to take the content of a DVD, then edit it, and then export it out as a WMV or MPEG?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by da8iwr View Post

Is this the right software to take the content of a DVD, then edit it, and then export it out as a WMV or MPEG?
    I believe it can, but you might be better off asking in a Premiere forum rather than the Vegas one!
    Tim