Thread: Recommandation for a TV and Vegas

Default Recommandation for a TV and Vegas

Hi all,

I changed my monitor yesterday and got a 20" Samsung LCD Monitor (SyncMaster 206BW). It's a pretty nice screen and I think it will be enough for my use for now. I hesitated between getting one or two but since I mostly work on small 5-15 minutes long clips and I feel that have enough room on the timeline for now. I'll see later when my projects gets more complicated.

Anyway, I'd like to hook up a small regular LCD TV onto my editing workstation to preview my work on the "real thing". I'm using Vegas 7.0e.

My question is: How can I do that? Do I need some special hardware (AJA Video Device, Blackmagic Device, etc...). Can we just hook up the TV to the graphic card? I do have 3 ports on my graphic card (Asus X1600 Serie), one digital, one analog, I think one S-Video... I'm a bit lost and would appreciate some input as to what's the best approach before I purchase a new TV. I'm aiming at something around 20" - 16:9, etc...

Thanks for your help!

Benoit Bissonnette

If you have TV out you try that port and put the preview screen in on that screen.
    The best way is to feed the Fire Wire out to a decoder or Player and then feed that signal to a TV.

Bristol uk
    Blog Entries

Indeed, or if you have a camera spare with a DV in that can be used as a convertor, usually.