Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DVD End Result not Clear (still images)

Question DVD End Result not Clear (still images)

I have created a 40 minute video which includes video clips and still photos. After rendering and burning to a cd, when I play it back on my DVD player/TV the photos have a terrible quality. The video images are great.

There seems to be a movement in the picures, especially the back ground, brick, grass, it's just not high quality. Sort of shimmies. And I see pixels. I know that a lot of the pictures are from my new digital camera and they are very clear, so what happened?

I searched through as many threads as possible to just get a direct answer, but haven't found one, therefore I'm posting it. What is the optimal settings that I should select when rendering?? I want my end product to play on a dvd player.

I have DVD architecture too, but haven't gone there yet. Just trying to burn the cd from Vegas 4.0. Is THAT my problem. My son's birthday party is sunday, I'm trying to have this complete by then. Someone help me please!!!!!

BTW....I know a lot of you are sick of these novice questions, but when looking through other conversations, they never seem to pertain JUST so to my own situation.

Someone mentioned AVI producing the best quality, but can that actually be an end result format; meaning I want this to play on my dvd player?? I guess that is where I'm getting confused.

In the future I won't repeat questions....but please just this time answer it!?!?! I AM desperate.

AVI is best for editing because it is uncompressed it is not a dvd compatible stream, it has to be mpeg2, in the render screen you'll see a tab for best, good, preview, draft this is only for still images so choose best.
    Wil

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

http://www.youtube.com/user/ChapmanProduction

I did choose best. Is there a specific resolution setting that I should select?

When I render my AVI to an mpeg2 for dvd authoring I always choose custom so I can set the bitrate, I also choose varible with a min of 2 and a max of 8 that way the fast action and be higher and the still or talking head stuff can be 2 ( as in 2,000,000) default is 196,000 for low and 6 for high, If your using studio or platnum you can not use the custome settings only the full version allows this.
    Wil

Software Used:

Thanks for replying so fast. Currently I'm at work and not in front of my home pc...I need to look at all my settings again and give it yet another try.

I should probably try to use dvd architeture, but I don't know if I have the time to learn yet another software. If I do that, should I render if first in vegas, or let DVD Arch do that piece?

Do you have the full version? If you do then I would render in vegas not dvda, vegas gives you a lot more control over settings, dvda will not give you VBR control and that will up the quilty, Also its best to render audio by itself rather then render with the video. video would be without audio then render the audio as an ac3 file, make sure you name them the same and it will be ok.
    Wil

Software Used:

I'm home now and yes I do have the full version. I went into the custom options and wow. There is a lot there. Which can remain the default, which are important to change. I know you mentioned bit rate.

With that said, my best solution is render my video with .avi, and my audio as .ac3 and then how would I bring them together to make an mpeg2 final copy?

I'm home now and yes I do have the full version. I went into the custom options and wow. There is a lot there. Which can remain the default, which are important to change. I know you mentioned bit rate.

With that said, my best solution is render my video with .avi, and my audio as .ac3 and then how would I bring them together to make an mpeg2 final copy?

when your going to edit the video, capture as avi if possible, when your done render it to mpeg 2 without audio ( you'll see tabs when you click custom on the render screen) then render the audio as a ac3 file, make sure the file names are the same ( mymovie.ac3 & mymovie.mpeg ) as far as bit rate it depend on the length the rest leave as default. How long is your video?
    Wil

Software Used:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast