Thread: Pinnacle Studio 500 PCI Card - Audio Problem!!

Default Pinnacle Studio 500 PCI Card - Audio Problem!!

Hello all....new to this forum, hope you can help me out.

Have installed Pinnacle Studio 500 PCI Capture Card and Studio ver10 software with no errors.

I have both an analogue 8mm Camcorder and a digital camcorder.

I have a Hercules Audio Sound Card DigiFire 7.1 which works fine with no problems.

My Problem:
    When I capture "analogue" using the composit audio/video cable, their is picture but no audio.

When I capture "digital" using the IEEE 1394 Firewire cable, their is both picture and audio.

When I capture "digital" using the composit audio/video cable, their is once again only picture and no audio.

I have looked at all the audio settings in studio 10 software and can see no reason for the audio not to work when capturing using composit audio/video cable. I have checked for errors under device manager and there are none.

I can't see an incompatability problem with the soundcard/mother board as it works fine with the Firewire cable.

I have also tested the analogue camcorder & composit cable out on my TV...picture & sound no problem at all.

Its a mystery to me.

You help is appreciated.

Fox.

Ok.....Problem solved..........
    The card has four sockets - 2 jack and 2 plug (2 video in & 2 video out)I plugged both jacks into the video in.........I then realised that it is a video capture card not a sound capture card. I took out 1 jack and plugged it into the sound card and hey presto!!!

However !!
    I am finding that the sync between picture and sound is about a nano second out.......any ideas please.

Fox

That's one of the drawbacks of using separate video and audio capture devices. Try changing the settings in the audio capture to a much lower rate, it might be currently set at 48Khz or 48000Hz, which is more than adequate for most users. Try reducing it 32Khz or even 22Khz, also try reducing the bit rate from 16bit to 12bit or even 8bit, the quality will certainly be affected with those settings. Alternatively connect up your analogue 8MM camcorder to your digital camcorder using the AV cables and then run a Firewire from your digital camcorder to the Firewire socket on your computer. What you have created is an analogue to digital convertor by placing your digital camcorder in the loop.

Post Jessica Biel Blue Bikini

Jessica Biel
    What an amazing body!!