Thread: Exporting 16.9 comes out 4.3!

Exclamation Exporting 16.9 comes out 4.3!

I have made a video and it is 720:576 and pixel aspect ratio is 16.9 1.422 so in theory it should be wide screen, it looks it when it is in premier but when i export it, the final video comes out at 4:3. Where am i going wrong the settings say it is the widescreen settings and so do the export settings, I have tried different export files but the result is always the same.

Pleas help this is very urgent!

Strange, what did you output the video file as ? an Avi ?

Default mov

i tried a mov and an avi, even varied the code pal dv, mp4 none do it!

When you go to export movie (on the page where you name it and save it to) have you clicked on the settings here and looked at video settings ?

i have it all indicates that it is the right resoloution end 1.422

I just experimented by exporting it to a dvd, it works fine, then teaked more, it renders in 4:3 with the render in wide screen but with black at top and the bottom. Had to make it mpeg-4 but now have to get rid of the black, any ideas?

This happens once in a while. What you need to remember is that widescreen footage is exactly the same pixel dimensions as 4:3 footage. The 'player' just needs to know that the aspect ratio has changed. Some players do not pick this up for certain types.

I get this sometimes and do not sweat it unless I am esxporting to a format for web viewing in which case you may need to stretch your footage from 720x576 to 1024x576 just to get the right ratio.

rest assured though that is youy are mastering DVDs then as soon as it;s being played on a TV and your TV is switched to widescreen mode then it will be just fine.

cheers for that, in the end I brought it into after effects and sorted it. Pretty simple in the end, though never got it going in premier.

Quote Originally Posted by acjwalker View Post
    cheers for that, in the end I brought it into after effects and sorted it. Pretty simple in the end, though never got it going in premier.
    There's nothing strange going on here so what exactly do you mean by "never got it going in Premiere". And what exactly did you do in After Effects. I'm no confused by what it is eaxctly that you're trying to achieve.